Monday, May 19, 2008

The angry Lion has been unleashed!!

God is so faithful!! Well, Amy and I just returned from Virginia where one of our closest friends Jason Peaks and his church Open Door of Suffolk held there second annual Worship conference. Wow was it awesome! I'll be honest, it was not something that I originally had much desire to attend considering the distance, timing (we are sooooo busy right now) and the fact that we come from one of the greatest "praise and worship" churches in the world were I am honored to be submitted to one of the most anointed Pastors and worship leaders of all time, but God began dealing with me about taking our place in this particular circle of ministry. God has been doing an awesome work in this generation, my generation, and I don't want to miss anything. We are the ones that are going to carry the fire into the next age, and we need one another to do that. Well, like I said it was awesome. God moved in a mighty way, pouring out his spirit bringing clarity to what he has already been speaking to all of us individually. He confirmed many things to Amy and I and I believe anointed us afresh and anew for this new season we have entered into. Pastor Mark Holcomb, one of my hero's for sometime now, spoke, and let me tell you, this man is operating in a level of anointing he has never walked in before! I watched in awe as God used him in a mighty and powerful way. As well as Pastor Mark, another new hero of mine, Pastor Robbie Hilton, spoke the word of God with such power and authority that I was blown away. It was also the first time I had the pleasure of seeing my little bro Jason preach, and he didn't disappoint! The whole experience was a much needed time of personal Revival.
It didn't end there though!! This Sunday was a continuation of Gods power and anointing that I don't think is going to end anytime soon. My pastor preached a prophetic message the likes of which I haven't heard him preach in a long time. I was fighting back tears the whole time. As he delivered the word I felt something so heavy happening in the Spirit that I was overwhelmed. As it ended I couldn't shake the heaviness that I began to rest on me, and continued in prayer as we then began the all day Sunday Revolution youth day. As the rest of the leaders led the young people in a series of fun events, I withdrew my self to the office to pray, and try to figure out what God was doing in me. Before the service I felt led to lead the pre service prayer that we do before every service, not knowing what to expect, but with a strong feeling that God was about to mess up our agenda! He did! The lives of everyone in attendance will never be the same. God poured out his spirit and grace on all of us, speaking prophetically to almost everyone individually, and challenging all of us to ask for what we wanted to see him do, and that he would honor his word and give us what we asked for. I Got what I asked for!! It's not over. Greater things are yet to come!!! This is just the beginning.
My father-inlaw had a vision on Sunday morning. He said he saw a fierce dog that was chained up, and was consumed with anger and a passion to be released, and was pulling with all his might on that chain. But as he looked closer, the dog became a lion. It was ready for the kill, but was unable to do what it intended to do as long as it was chained. Sunday, the angry lion was unleashed. Hear the sound of the lion of Judah, roaring again!!

Psalms 18:7 (NKJV) 7 Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry.

In earnest expectation,
Pastor Josh

No comments: